Last Group Sounds TNR001 "Last
Group Sounds" is a 10 track compilation of fan favorite Captains
songs. Tokyo No Records is proud to present the band's first stateside
release. Digipak with faux vinyl CD face.
1. Tandem With You 2. Running Into Your Heart
3. Poolside Beachside
4. Shooting Stars In Your Eyes
5. BAN BAN BAN
6. A Butterfly In The Spider's Nest
7. The Youthful Days
8. Tunnel To Heaven
9. Love Under The Equator 10. The Love Ninja
I Love GS
TNR004 The Last GS Champions pay tribute
to the genre they love. 10 covers of classic Japanese rock songs.
Digipak. Release date: 10/22/08.
1. Flower Necklace (The Tigers)
2. Crimson Son (Hibari Misora)
3. Emerald Legend (The Tempters)
4. Furi Furi (The Spiders)
5. Let's Live For Today (The Tempters)
6. Blue Chateau (Jacky Yoshikawa & Blue Comets)
7. Crying Sunset (The Spiders)
8. Tunnel To Heaven (The Dynamites)
9. Memory Beach (The Wild Ones)
10. Crying Sunset (Instrumental)
The Captains perform for 650 fans in Atlanta. September
"Group Sounds" is a collective term that
refers to the hundreds of rock bands that formed in Japan throughout
the late 1960s. These bands appeared shortly after the Beatles'
historic Budokan concerts in '66 and dominated the Japanese music
industry until 1970, which is usually accredited as the start
of the psychedelic "New Sounds" era. GS bands often
had six or more members who were expected to dress in stylish
matching outfits. And they did so well.
Tokyo Beatles "I Wanna Hold Your Hand"
The Spiders "Ban Ban"
Blue Comets "Blue Chateau"
Tokyo No Records also recommends
the following GS bands: The Tempters, The Carnabeats, The Mops,
491, The Wild Ones, The Village Singers, Sharp Five, The Dynamites,
and The Bunnys.
The Captains formed in an effort to carry on the
GS tradition. They are currently one of the most popular indie
acts in Japan, their following constantly growing due to incessant
touring and a memorable live act. They live in a house together
in northern Japan, just like the Monkees (aside from the Japan